Alika Portal Publishing, Links and Content Management Solution
Alika Internet Technologies Inc. has developed an application that meets all the needs associated with the development, implementation, update and maintenance of "portal" Web sites that may contain thousands of links. The complete system is designed to effectively manage links, content pages, design elements and publishing.
The application has been designed using Lotus Notes/Domino R5 technology and features the following characteristics:
* integrates functions such as: a link checker, a complete metadata tool, a links library and a statistical reporting tool, all in a single, easy-to-manage Lotus Notes database;
* each link entry is created only once, and managed in a single location; the same link can be displayed in many locations throughout the Web site;
* link status, URL, title, author and metadata modifications are entered once in the link document; changes are reflected on all Web pages where this link exists;
* supports multi-language publishing and content creation (e.g. English, French, Spanish, Cree, Inuktitut, etc.);
* link documents and content pages can be added, modified and deleted, and then republished to the Web site quickly;
* handles publication to different servers such as development, production, demo, local, etc;
* automatically generates the HTML code for all the links, while allowing for flexibility if custom elements need to be added by the content manager;
* all the design elements and layout that make up the Web site are coded only once in configuration files and generated automatically - these include header, footer, navigation (table of contents), breadcrumbs, bullet graphics, etc.;
* "smart text" or custom tags are coded in the configuration files and used during the publishing process to allow for simplified publishing and content management;
* graphics can be attached directly in the Lotus Notes database for easy publishing to the Web site;
* individual documents or sections of the Web site can be password protected at the click of a button;
* handles automatic generation of metadata inside the header of the HTML pages.
Alika Internet Techologies Inc. Company Business Activity