MPBC's Fiber Laser Product line has grown out of its highly reliable Raman Fiber Laser deployed for 20 years in telecom fiber optic systems. Exceptional performance is achieved based on an all-fiber architecture, which draws on MPBC's telecom design practices. The all-fiber laser design eliminates the need for alignment as no bulk components are used, provides unprecedented wavelength and output power stability, and ensures a diffraction-limited linearly-polarized output.
In addition, the fiber laser series have a low-cost of ownership, offer long lifetime, low power consumption and require little maintenance. The traditional concerns of keeping optics clean, and cavity alignment sensitivity to temperature and mechanical vibrations do not exist.
MPBC is able to offer a variety of wavelengths based on similar architectures by using fiber Bragg gratings to establish the laser output wavelength. Built-in intelligence allows control and monitoring through a user-friendly graphical user interface via an RS-232 or USB port and features automatic power control for excellent power stability.
Lasers are offered in compact modules for system integrators or stand-alone 2RU-rack mount modules for laboratory use. The robust design and low cost of ownership makes MPBC's fiber lasers the ideal choice for the most demanding applications.
• Continuous Wave in Visible and NIR
• Pulsed Lasers available in Pico-Second Passively Mode-Locked Fiber Lasers and Nano-Second Fiber Laser
• Single Frequency Visible Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers and NIR Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers
Network-Ready Telecommunications Equipment
MPBC's telecommunications product family consists of the RMH6000, 2RU, VERSA and 1RU series of equipment for optical link enhancement.
The equipment integrates easily with 3rd party equipment suppliers to extend the reach and/or capacity of fiber optic systems. The product family selected is based on the overall system reach, capacity, availability, and budget requirements of the overall network.
Our network-ready solutions include:
• Boosters with output powers up to 33 dBm (DWDM) which are used for post amplification before launching the signal into the link
• Preamplifiers which enhance effective receiver sensitivity with a near quantum-limit noise figure – one of the lowest in the industry
• Distributed Raman & Super Raman amplification with the best effective sensitivity improvement in the industry.
• Wavelength Converters and Translators to accommodate signals from 1310 to 1550 nm
• Transponders offering built-in FEC
• Available in bit rates ranging from STM-1 to STM-64 and GbE
• Local and/or remote control and monitoring
• Easily configurable & user-friendly interface
• Webcraft access
• SNMP for integration with Network NMS
MPBC Gain Modules have been designed for versatility to meet amplification requirements for single channel, narrowband and DWDM transmission.
From ultra-compact (half MSA) amplets with low noise, high gain and low power consumption for single channel amplification or multi-channel wideband power amplification, to full size high power, low noise EDFA's for dynamically reconfigurable DWDM Metro rings and meshes the MPBC Power Amplifiers and Pre-Amplifiers deliver performance where needed.
High reliability combined with the ease of customization to fit client specific requirements make MPBC Gain Modules the ideal choice for your demanding application.
Erbium Fiber Amplifiers and Erbium Broadband Sources Test Instruments
Designed for automated work stations in manufacturing facilities or stand alone test stations, MPB Communications has a series of test instruments combining high reliability with ease of use to provide cost efficient solutions for demanding test environments.
Available in 1RU, 2RU or benchtop format with AC power input, these units come a graphical user interface (1RU & 2RU models) which makes for easy setup and integration.
Communication is via RS232.
The option of modification to meet customer specific requirement is available.
Fiber Bragg Gratings
Fiber Bragg gratings are an enabling technology that provides convenient, cost-effective and reliable solutions to a multitude of design problems in fiber optic systems.
MPB Communications is manufacturing a wide range of standard and customized Fiber Bragg Grating devices. Standard devices include DWDM Fiber Grating Filters, Gain Flattening Filters for both C- and L- Bands, Fiber Lasers Resonator Gratings, and Fiber Gratings for Sensors. Special projects include space-qualified FBG for satellite missions.
Parameters to consider in customized gratings include:
• Customized wavelengths
• Optimized bandwidth
• Optimized reflectivity
• Recoated or athermally packaged
• High strength and reliability requirements
• Specialty fibers requirements
• Specialty recoats requirements
MPB Communications Inc. Company Business Activity
Measuring, Medical and Controlling Devices Manufacturing